My nysc experience and 21 days in camp diary episode 9

Spread the love, please share with friends after reading


Looking for a story and couldn't find it on Homepage? 

Click Here for list of All stories

Readers with the highest number of comments will Get TWO premium COMPLETE STORIES for FREE every week. Always leave a comment on every story and stand a CHANCE

24th November, 2015 – The Bags and the journey to camp

It’s the penultimate day before the long awaited 2nd stream NYSC camp will open. Ugo and I is still stuck in Plateau state, FAAN staff quarters, Yakubu Gowon airport. I couldn’t sleep well all through the night because of the cold condition in the area. Just few house/blocks around the airport and that I guess made the environment even colder than the town of plateau.
Since we had nothing to do in particular, Bisola urged me to follow her to the nearest First Bank available. We approached Mr. Daniel Douglas (which I later discovered was his real name) and he said the nearest First Bank is at Bindin Ladi. We boarded a taxi of N150 down to the bank and after the security check, we walked straight to the banking hall. We spend about 20 minutes as Bisola was discussing with the bank official while I stood somewhere closer. Within a few minutes, she was done with her linking of the BVN and she was told it will be done within the next 30 minutes or an hour. We took a N300 bike from the bank back to the staff quarters and Mr. Dan was still at home preparing for work and also fixing something for us for breakfast.
Bisola dished out the breakfast of yam and egg which was prepared by Mr. Dan. I must confess he was a good cook. After eating our breakfast, we discussed and chatted till we decided to get into the town of Jos to get some few things before heading to Bauchi. We called Mr. Dan and he advised we shouldn’t go far into Jos but there is a nearest market we could go to which is somehow nice instead of Jos.
He directed us to “Bukuru” and we didn’t waste much time as we set sail to Bukuru, Plateau state. Bukuru market can be compared to the sango market. On our way there, we came across the plateau state polytechnic and the police Staff College, plateau, Jos. I was having a chat with the driver of the taxi we took. From our discussion, I discovered he is a Yoruba man, from ondo state, Akure to be precise. He told me he has been living in Jos since 2001. Are you kidding me? Getting to Bukuru was about an hour journey. We had some little shopping to do so we head straight to the main market. We bought blankets, underwear, cups, plates, spoons, etc. Ugo branched one big supermarket and got golden morn, milks, tissues, etc. While I was busy looking for my favorite “Kunu”. I told myself that I must not come to Jos without tasting their Kunu. I was evenly disappointed when I tasted the kunu. The kunu was watery and the taste was not palatable. I remembered while we got to the Bukuru, Bisola had a running stomach and she started vomiting. I rushed towards her, washed her eyes with water and also packed her vomit inside the bin. After sometime, she was okay and we were able to continue our shopping. I also didn’t forget to get a novel titled, “The gods are not to be blamed”
Not quite long after we got home, Mr. Dan called me to inform us that the flight in Lagos is on the move so we have to start preparing for the short trip to the airport, wait for our bags before heading to the park. We left the quarters around 2.55pm. Through the help of the aboki, the okada man who brought us from Heipang to the quarters. We got to the airport around 3.05pm and we can see that the plane was just landing. We checked for Mr. Dan and Mr. Ola but we were told they are busy but we will have to wait for them at the arrival’s lounge where we will be receiving our bags.

Facebook Comments

Spread the love, please share with friends after reading

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Select your currency
USD United States (US) dollar